Community Moderator at NBC News Digital
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Newsvine.com, a property of NBC News Digital, has a passionate audience of users and viewers who regularly comment and debate on the wide variety of content presented on Newsvine, NBCNews.com, and other NBC News Digital properties. The Community Moderator monitors day-to-day activities of the community on Newsvine.com, enforces its Code of Honor, and implements policy. Responsible for user-facing communication regarding site features, policy, suggestions.
- Respond to and help resolve community conflicts, malicious users, and spam.
- Respond to user-submitted tickets and delegate technical customer care concerns to appropriate internal departments. Follows up with internal departments to ensure that feedback is addressed and community needs are supported.
- Create and distribute community content and news.
- Report community member feedback to management. Provide analysis to help apply community feedback in editorial production.
- Participate in the enhancement of community user interfaces and technical features.
- Serve as point-of-contact and counsel to Editorial concerning usage of and interaction with Newsvine and Newsvine tools.
- Collaborate with Seattle- and New York-based Community Team to determine new community features, promotions and brand activation activities.
- 2 years working in a new media or online community.
- Outgoing personality and ease with communicating through written dialogue.
- Passion for community debate and dialogue.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and also collaboratively as part of an integrated team.
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail.
- Public Relations Experience